Saturday, March 10, 2007

Found Poem Describing Leah Price

If only I could ever bring forth
All that I knew quickly enough to suit Father.
I know that someday,
When I've grown large enough in the Holy Spirit,
I will have his wholehearted approval.
I know he must find me tiresome,
Yet still I like spending time with my father
Very much more than I like doing anything else.
I was thrilled by the mere fact of his speaking
To me in this gentle, somewhat personal way.
I felt so many different things right then:
Elation at my father's strange expression of tenderness,
And despair for his defeat.
Father had the job of his life cut out for him,
Bringing the Word to a place like this.
I wanted to throw my arms around his weary neck
And pat down his rumpled hair.

EXPLANATION:
Her heart's deepest desire is to have her father's approval. Alas, he quite often ignores Leah. Still, she follows him around and treasures those moments when he opens up to her as a father might. Therefore, it is clear that Leah is clinging onto the hope that he will one day love her as much as she so innocently loves him.

No comments: